Thursday, January 20, 2022

ChristiP's Dec mailing (Chaos)


Isn't this fantastic? It is from ChristiP. Remember - there is a link to her blog over on the right side of the blog in the *web view* (I think.) Of course, the missing stamp on the front is on the back. I love this so much.

***

As already mentioned - my great idea for how to fill the odd and even days did not work out at all. At first, I was disappointed, but then I downloaded a new book from the library and the very first chapter provided a whole new perspective on how to manage my situation.

The BigHelpfulBrother is not going to like this one bit. He's a dyed-in-the-wool-7-decades-long scientist. The book is Mythos -by Stephen Fry. It is a *stylish* retelling of the Greek myths. I can just hear the BHB sputtering. He won't be entertaining the thought that the Greeks figured everything out and the scientists have just been making things way too complicated. 

But, guess what, BHB? The Greeks have a much more compelling body of evidence than scientists with their Big Bang. They have the Big Chaos. That's right - everything started with complete and utter chaos. So there.

Now that I do not have to be bothered with all the complicated (and convoluted) scientific stuff -- I can just embrace my chaos and know that chaos rules. So there.

And one more thing from chaos we (everything) sprang and to chaos we (it) will all return.
So there.

***
I was not able to continue beyond the first chapter. Once they launched into all the characters and stories, it became so complicated that I could not follow it. So, that seems to be a recurring theme. Too complicated. I'm on the end of the bell curve that needs to keep things fairly simple. Nuf said.


 

2 comments:

  1. BHB here: I have no problem with mythology. The only difference between the ancient stories and science is the language spoken: myth speaks in verbal abstractions and science speaks in math. Atomic theory predates the Greeks but was demonstrated technologically in the 20th century. Chaos <==> Entropy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this topic didn't get you riled up. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete