Monday, January 25, 2021

Where's Florence - 2 to Chuck (writing on cookies)


Once in a while I remind people to send photos of envelopes to me and then sometimes those emails get lost. Eventually, I focus on my stack of emails and find them. Today is Dec 10 or 17. I know it is Thursday - just not sure which one. Probably 10. Are we still all in the same boat? How many typhoons have we been through?

Anyhow -- I can't see the postmarks, but, I know Florence has not exchanged in a while. If you search Florence, you will find one of my all-time favorite envelopes as well as my effort to mimic the style. I love-love-love it. That's triple love.

I love these two as well. Single love on the top one. It's pretty, but I so not do anything like that other than note that it is lovely. Double love on the flowers because I like loose, fun flowers and borders. And I could see myself doing something like this. 

So, if you still read the blog, Florence, we would love to hear from you. Covid makes us curious about people we've lost touch with. Feel free to ignore us if you do not feel like  responding. We understand completely. 

****

Instead of a rant - here is an adorable idea from Country Living

Writing fun notes on cookies shouldn't be just for Valentine's Day. 


I promise I will not veer off into recipes - but if you have never made royal icing before - is is so much fun and so easy. You can make it with regular egg whites - but it is so much easier with meringue powder.

And the edible ink pens (food writers) are available online or at craft stores.


Royal icing creates a firm surface that's perfect for writing on with food-safe markers. To make, blend 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons meringue powder, and 3 tablespoons water using a mixer set on low speed for 12 minutes.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment