Saturday, January 30, 2021

Historic Mail (valentine idea)

 Here is something fun. This company creates facsimiles of historic letters and sends them to people. I have not found an image of the envelope that the company sends. It is probably a plain envelope. I doubt they are using a calligrapher. Wouldn't it be fun to have the mail arrive in an envelope that was inspired by the historical envelope. Although, they may not have the envelopes that go with the letters. But, a similar style of writing and similar paper would be fun.

I've had so many ideas over the years for subscriptions to happy mail. Wouldn't it be fun to come up with a cool design for each of the new stamps that are issued in a year? Or a service where people send me all their birthday cards for the entire year and I address them and mail them at the appropriate time. Or maybe I just address them and return them and they do their own mailing. Too many fun ideas - maybe my granddaughter will catch the penmanship bug and I can leave her my list of fun ideas that never went anywhere.




Link to Historic Mail

****

Here is a cute idea for valentine mail. Although, I bet it is hard to draw symmetrical lightbulbs.

I've spent a few days - at my desk, listening to construction after the demolition and also answering random questions - so I actually have 13 envelopes ready to go for the exchange. I'll be posting them in April. 

Vaccination update: the websites where you go to make appointments seem to be crashing as they are overloaded with people. It is super stressful. I'll keep looking for reasonable suggestions for coping with this ongoing situation. Or I might have to dive into the rest of the names on the list that are old faithfuls on the exchanges. 




No comments:

Post a Comment