Sunday, January 17, 2021

Random off-topic insert -- Cameo

 Maybe I live under a rock and everyone has known about this for a long time - but I just found it, so I am going to mention it - in case someone has some reason to use the service.

It is called Cameo - and there are all kinds of people you can hire to videotape a personal message. You scroll through all the people who are available - they are arranged in categories: actors, athletes, musicians, etc. The cost varies by person. Some are only $15. They go up to $2,000 - and more. There are several people who were on The Office. They range from $50 to $300.

You send in information about a person and an event - giving details - and then they video tape the message. 


This is the guy who played Toby on The Office. He is donating all his proceeds to charity. If you go to his page, you can scroll down and watch examples of what his videos look like. I looked at some others and there is a wide range of skill levels. So, I'm not recommending this service across the board. You would want to review some of their videos and probably think up an outline for comments to help them. You can't expect everyone to be good at writing and extemporaneous speaking. And the lighting and angles. Yikes -- you'd think some of them would have a better idea of that aspect.

I thought this one was pretty good. It's a little long, but Oscar put in some of his own humor and talked about a movie he was in that the person liked.



Link to The Office characters on Cameo


Lucky for me - I found one of my favorite celebrities - for only $25. I'm going to get a video for Mr Wilson for his birthday on Feb 4th. He is turning 70. I will post who it is after the 4th.

Feel free to send Mr Wilson an envelope. I've known that this birthday was coming up for a long time and didn't do a good job of thinking of a fun surprise. As a last resort, I asked for a list of his 7 favorite desserts - so he can have dessert every day for about a month. He's just finished number one, so I need to make a lemon meringue pie next. Lucky for me, he is sharing his desserts.


No comments:

Post a Comment