Sunday, January 17, 2021

Valentine idea - off MMoore's space filler (Historical rant)


The stamp and colors are the only thing making this into a December-ish envelope. The idea would work with any two colors. One color is probably OK, but, I like giving the essential info (the street address and the zip code) their own color. So, this could work for valentines - or it would work with any stamp. I'm sure it would be just fine with black and a black and white stamps.

The fun, is deciding how to fit the information into the lines. I did do a practice run on notebook paper and I did draw a pencil line for the left and bottom edge of the stamp. Those lines went border to border and if you look closely, you can see that the R in the top line has sealed the pencil line in behind the ink. This is something I would usually avoid. But, it's another issue we can blame on the pandemic.

I'm sooooooo annoyed with myself that I did not highlight the G and A in Georgia - to point out that GA is the abbreviation for Georgia. The line of commentary about the space at the bottom is entirely optional.

Originally, I was going to have a clever return address. But, I chickened out. Insert my weary excuse.

Very little planning went into this one. The RE on the top line has a little extra space that bothers me and I will express deep regret over that M in Michael. Deep. When I mess up on the very first letter -- I always think I'll be able to save it -- but this time, there was no saving it. 

****

Jan 2 - I've not been vigilant about putting in a daily rant. I have been vigilant about clearing out my folders and that is a good thing. There are some rants coming up. You have been warned. Recently, I was looking for something on the blog, did a search and found a really old post where I used the word rant.

Then, today, I thought of doing a search for the word *rant* to see how often I used the word. The very first one that came up was fun for me to read I'm not sure if anyone else will find it amusing. KateR and Alyce: you two should definitely read the comments you left. Someone who is *anonymous* left good comments, too. 

I think Chuck might have some additional space in his brain that keeps track of things. He says he has a folder labeled *envelopes.* I can't imagine how that works. After I get more than 10 items in a folder, I start to feel overwhelmed. Maybe he has a naming system for the individual scans.

Link to an earlier *Rant* post on the blog

*****

There is an off-topic post right below - that popped up before this one.


1 comment:

  1. I remained true to my procrastinating self and didn't start Christmas cards until the end of November. I made 61 Christmas cards last year (244 total cards for the year). I'll try to remind myself to start this year's Christmas cards when I finish making Valentine's Day cards for our grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete