Sunday, January 31, 2021

From Ashley to Janet (expressing frustration like an old master)


 Janet kindly shared some images of some of her favorite envelopes that have arrived through the exchange. This one is fun. Looks like a Maurice Sendak character. If you Google *Maurice Sendak movie* or *Maurice Sendak documentary* you will find links to a couple that are available through various sources. I watched one through Kanopy and it was very good. 

Ashley's loose script goes nicely with the drawing and the tall skinny lettering for the address is a good choice.

****
I can't remember when or if I have posted any links to The History Blog. It is my new favorite rabbit hole. This article about Michelangelo's *other* pieta includes some fun tidbits that some of us can relate to. Mike had that trait of nit-picking at every little detail. 

Obviously, we shouldn't let ourselves get overly distraught or paralyzed by *perfectionism.* I certainly don't think I am a perfectionist  - but I do acknowledge that it is a delicate balance sometimes. After I heard Carol Pallesen say *precise instead of perfect* I have been so much happier. It is not hard to be precise and then you do not have to even think about perfection. I reserve *perfection* when referring to  things like a pretty sunrise. Or flowers. Things that just appear.




1 comment:

  1. "Looks like a Maurice Sendak character."
    [reels back in shock, and is unable to respond for several seconds]
    You don't recognize MAX? Jean! It's MAX. From WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE, possibly the most perfect picture book ever written!
    [breathing...breathing...]
    I'm okay. I'm okay.

    ReplyDelete