Friday, January 29, 2021

Random comment & XL marker to CathyO (Dutch rant)


 Someone left this comment on the blog back in 2018. It cracks me up that anyone would find my advice useful. Whenever I surf/sift through the old stuff on the blog I find way too much stuff that refers to my quest for organization. It is entirely possible that the thought of being organized has faded into that zone with all the other things that faded with the pandemic. Currently, I am going *random.* I just fill up the blog posts in chronological order. 

My only concern is that I will run out of things to say if I am not constantly complaining about the chaotic filing system. On top of that -- I am thinking about deleting all the images off my computer after they are posted on the blog. If they are on the blog - why do I need another copy on my computer?

Here is the envelope for the day. It was sent in October of 2020. I did not add any spider webs or pumpkins. Maybe I should treat myself to another super wide marker in a springy color. 

I wonder if the USPS ever got all the holiday mail delivered (she wrote on Dec 19th, 2020)


****
Happy rant today.
I'm guessing I have previously posted things about Dutch design and commented that they have a delightfully whimsical approach. Here is another example. This is where we would hold our PushingTheEnvelopes international conference if we ever had one.







We'd invite Ruud Janssen to our conference. He's the guy who runs the the International Union of Mail Artists. He's based out of the Netherlands so I am guessing he's Dutch. Although he might be too much of a rock star to be interested in us.  Link to Ruud's Wiki article

If you ever want to exchange more mail art - join IUOMA - they have all kinds of fun exchanges. Although, they tend to be more about the images and the actual penmanship on the names is very secondary. 







1 comment:

  1. Yup, you're images are on the blog, but what happens if the service that hosts them is no longer available? From an old programmer's point of view, you need to make your own backup. If you don't want to keep the images on your computer, back them up to a thumb drive.

    ReplyDelete