Sunday, June 30, 2019

May PTEX to Chuck (Lynn's Style)

At some point, I need to write a post about tracking down Lynn - the person I was looking for. I found her through the Bow Valley calligraphy guild and this style is on their website.

I need to find the link and also the spelling of Lynn's last name.

This was a very rough try to see if I wanted to do more. The stamps are leftovers from way back to the time that custom stamps were first available. While they are not a nice color choice for the lettering - I used them on Chuck's because he had met the mom in the photo-stamp on the left at our guild meetings and we had a memorable guild meeting at the temple on the right. It is a couple blocks from my house and we had a presenter whose work was (is) fabulous. I wonder if I can find him on IG. If I do, I'll come back and insert a link.

*****
Here is a bit of the email from Lynn:

 I wrote the first of the four Marker Lettering books in 1997, and the “Fun Letters” are included in this volume. I  sold them through my mail order business and taught lots of classes for card makers and scrapbookers at that time.  John Neal did carry them for quite a few years.  Now they are carried by one local art store here in Calgary only, and I no longer have stock in my home.  I could certainly make them available again if there was sufficient interest.  They are self published.  
    The book explains that the first inspiration for these letters came from a lettering piece done by my friend Kirsten Horel, and I developed the alphabet from these few letters.  
    With the current renewed interest in hand lettering, and so many wonderful new lettering tools available, it might be fun to revisit some of these older ideas! 
    If you want any more information please feel free to contact me by email!  Cheers! Lynn Slevinsky

*****

So -- yes -- I think Lynn should make her exemplars available.
I think Etsy is the way to go.
Hopefully, I'll have time to brainstorm with her.



1 comment:

  1. This post might be confusing unless you recall that there was some discussion about a particular style - that you can see here
    https://pushingtheenvelopes.blogspot.com/2019/04/jan-ptex-from-suzanne-quiltish.html

    ReplyDelete