Friday, June 7, 2019

Apr PTEX from Janet and Carroll

Janet does nicely illustrated envelopes. I hope the dragon stamps are around for a while. I had one sheet of them and would like to do more. I remembered to add the back flap below Carroll's envelope. I'm inept at inserting photos at a later date.

Carroll's idea is very nice. It would be fun to get some of those stamps and do some variations on her idea. However, my blood boils when the science lovers get more attention and funding than the arts. All of my scientist friends acknowledge that science is an art and art should be on equal footing with science. But, the blankety-blank people who get to decide what the focus of education is going to be are perpetually pushing science as essential and cutting the arts budget. They also cut PE - another atrocity. I hardly ever get into these raging debates -- but the coffee was extra strong this morning and I'm on a rampage. As much as I like the idea, I will not be buying any of the stamps.

I think the last time the PO promoted the idea of arts education, the stamps were 5-cents. Rant. Rant. Rave. Rave. Maybe there is a newer one. I'd be thrilled if someone could point to some significant support for arts education. I'll admit - there is some. But it is all *alternative* when it should be *mainstream.*

Janet's back-flap.

1 comment: