Wednesday, June 26, 2019

May - End of Vintage - to Heidi, Carolyn, and Jessica

The May exchange envelopes are a hodge podge. The tail end of the vintage stamps were a mixed bag of feelings. Luckily, I pulled out the scroll tips and remembered how much I love them. They resolved my issues with saying goodbye.

I even ended up thinking these three were nice design ideas that would be worth remembering.

Carolyn's is fine. The stamps do not coordinate at all.
But I'm fine with the layout and I'm happy with the style of lettering.

I botched the spacing on Jessica's. The two stamps did not go together - colorwise - so I just drew a line through the middle and was going to address it twice.
After I did the address down the middle, I figured the original idea as probably better. It bugs me the way the stamps do not line up...actually, the tilting on Carolyn's bothers me, too. It cannot be said too many times -- lining things up is comforting. Maybe not to everyone. But, don't fall into the trap of thinking that you need to develop visual interest by tilting things. That snow man should be sitting just above the zip code and the LA stamp should be somewhere - not tilted. Just my opinion, but I am right.





1 comment:

  1. I just had an email from a dear pen pal who told me she thought the envelopes in this post looked blurry. I had forgotten to check the blog this morning -- and oh, wow - they do look blurry. If they look blurry to you - click on them to enlarge and you will see that it is the double stroke that makes them look blurry.

    ReplyDelete