Saturday, June 15, 2019

4th of July from Janet and Jolene


This envelope is pretty dreamy. Janet made two comments. One on a note inside that said she had "gotten a little carried away with the marbling." And then on the flap she wrote, "Sorry for the visual overload."

I dunno. It looks like the 4th of July to me.....it is a rare day that I can say that I like an envelope with flag stamps....and I really like this one.

I do not have any idea how she did this one. She has grandkids. Maybe it's the shaving cream technique. Maybe she'll send us an email with directions. Maybe it is a trade secret.

*****

Now it is June 9th - and I am adding one more 4th of July idea to this post. It arrived in May from Jolene. She used washi tape and the lettering is Akim. If you Google *akim* you can find exemplars. There is also an envelope from this blog that pops up that includes Akim in the blurb - but I need to modify the blurb because I was clearly off my rocker the day I wrote it.

Cleaver way to put the stamp on a flagpole and props to the PO for the nice placement of the cancel. Not that they can choose where a machine cancels - so it's props to the PO for not sending it through multiple times.


No comments:

Post a Comment