Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Bonus Post - May PTEX from KateR

KateR sent this fun versal-esque design. I kept looking at that D and finally realized it is an N. The POs additions are nice.

It is etched in stone in my head: Do NOT go to the PO on Monday. So, yesterday (Monday), my pea-brain was at home on a shelf and I stopped in to see Bruce, Mr. Reliable. Bruce was not there, so I went to *Red* who does not wear a nametag. After a miserable experience with creating the envelopes (which is why I was so intent on getting them out of the house), it went from bad to worse. Red was not able to add 37+37 in her head. She stamped the square envelopes with a non-machinable rubber stamp. And then she decided that my From: and To: were not going to work. There's more, but I will spare you.

It was a good lesson in how to stop obsessing. Four exchangers got an email from me yesterday apologizing for the envelopes. OK, that's just plain nuts. I'm perfectly happy to be quirky - but I draw the line at nuts.

Sometimes we make things that turn out perfectly. Other times they offend us deeply - and we are responsible for making - pardon my French - complete crap - which completely undermines our self-worth. I'm getting a handle on this. If anyone can relate - I hope you can use this as a reminder to not be so frustrated when things do not turn out the way you were imagining.

Once upon a time I met a guy who was a professional watercolor artist. One of the things I learned from him was that he worked on 30 paintings at a time. This allows time for each layer to dry. He said that of the 30 he was working on only about 3 would end up as finished artwork to sell. I remember being surprised, but I have learned over the years that with some mediums, you have a certain amount of waste and you have to accept that.

I learned that in the summer of 1969 - so, it is one of those lessons that is 50 years old. Why do some lessons stick but others are revolving door situations?

Regular daily post right below.

No comments:

Post a Comment