Monday, November 30, 2020

From Janet to Hunter + From Sam's Post Office


Uber clever Janet came up with a very cute idea for my little postal worker.
She included a darling card using the fingerprint characters that are often from Ed Emberly which she know I love -- although, his books seem to be mostly for kids -- so I am curious if this was Janet's idea or if Ed has some grown up idea's too. I suppose it could be sparkling apple juice or 7-Up.
Note to self: do some Ed Emberly this year.


Above written a long time ago.
Below:
an adorable postcard from my friends as the Hudson NH post office where Sam's dad purchased stamps.

I'll wait a week to post the mail that I will be sending to them.
I spent all day Sunday figuring out how to copy another one of RachaelT's holiday envelopes.
It was way harder than I anticipated.

If you look closely at the pilgrim hat on the turkey - you can see that it is bent over and becomes that little bit on the top of an ornament that should have a name, but, I sure don't know what it would be. It's the part that the metal thingy attaches to that allows for a string or hook to hang the ornament on the tree.

Remember when Finn came up with the word *lens* as the official term for the shape of a 2D football?
Well, Finn, here's another assignment. What is the name of the protrusion on the top of an ornament?

I should add: whoever did the printing on the postcard has nice printing and we can turn you into a lettering artist. Give us a holler in January after you have recovered from December.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment