Tuesday, November 10, 2020

The Tuesday Conundrum (Consistent Cursive)

 Conundrum is such a nice word. It is doubtful that I know exactly what it means. I'm guessing it means two things that are both true at the same time, but they are in disagreement.

Two definitions from Google: a confusing and difficult problem or question. Second: a question asked for amusement, typically one with a pun in its answer; a riddle.

My guess is way more complicated than it needs to be. Sadly, whilst researching the definition I lost my train of thought and have forgotten what the rant was. In emails and conversations with blog pals as well as non-blog-pals, it is obvious that most of us are suffering with CCC: Covid Conundrum Condition. We're confused.

On a less stressful topic, our star penmanship pupil, Lyric, found a new YouTube channel with a fairly nice series of penmanship lessons. I have only watched about a dozen videos - but, I saw enough that I think is useful if you want a nice simplified cursive.

He covers all the basics and it's a good place to start. Personally, I am not fond of the capital letters, but they're fine. If you completed all 28 lessons and actually made your writing look like what he is teaching, you would be in good shape to start working on some of the more sophisticated styles.

Link to his website - ConsistentCursive.com

Consistent Cursive was created by David DiGiovanni, aka Perfect Biscuits on YouTube and Instagram. David has studied American penmanship since 2016, focusing on practical scripts like cursive. He has posted over 100 videos on YouTube teaching cursive.

Penmanship Channel on YouTube

David has another website that I have not looked at yet. Not sure when I will - if you want to look at it - here is the link:

Link to Write with your whole arm website

This photo is off IG -- I thought I captured the name of the person who posted it - but I can see that I did not - so - apologies. If I figure it out, I'll edit this post.





No comments:

Post a Comment