Friday, November 6, 2020

From Sam - gingerbread man


I am writing this on March 11 - waiting for a client to pick up 2 bibles. Last year he had 3 bibles that were holiday gifts. I wrote 6-7 pages of family tree information. The paper was slick and it was a nerve wracking job. I made one mistake - switched the lines -I put the parents on the second line and location/date of birth on the third line - It should have been the other way around. I felt bad - and told the client that he did not have to pay me for the whole job. He said it was not big deal. I had warned him that I would do my best - but if I made any mistakes, I would be very sorry - but I would not replace the bible. He was very pleased and told me that he would be returning with more bibles at some point.

So-- he called in March and had 2 more. It was much less stressful doing these two -- but -dang- I did the same kind of mistake. I can't figure out what makes me skip a line like that -- but, we all know why it is better to have a mistake in any given project, don't we? It offends God - or the gods- when we try to be perfect. So there. Google it. There are all kinds of cultures where people will put an intentional mistake into their work - just to avoid offending God or the gods.

Did you think I was going to forget about saying anything about that adorable gingerbread man? I've got about 20 posts to write and I'm running out of things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment