Friday, October 30, 2020

The Friday real-time rant (food related)

 We are back to ranting about food. I have not had a chance to drive out to Trader Joe's yet (to try the cauliflower crust that Smash recommends). But, I did make pizza - and I highly recommend this recipe, if you like Greek flavors.

Greek Pizza

Here is my rant. Why don't they sell pizza sauce in 4 oz or 6 oz containers. Spaghetti sauce is so easy to make, but there is something about the better quality pizza sauces that come in jars that I like (Rao is my current favorite). Their jars are 13 oz.  I suppose I could just divide the remaining sauce into smaller containers and freeze them. Guess there isn't much of a rant any more.

I've had this image sitting on my desktop for a few days because I loved every single thing I read about the guy. This image sums up how I feel about providing meals to people with whom I am living. I guess we can call them family. Clearly, they have not been working very hard to get on my good side. 


The Fed-Up Chef

My dream (when the kids were younger) was to open a restaurant called:
Food
I would make a certain number of meals per night. If people wanted to eat, they could stop in and eat. But, they had to eat whatever I felt like cooking. I would put a sign in the window indicating what was being served that day.
I know that often times, when restaurants have specials on certain days of the week, people get pretty excited about their favorite specials. I figured I could cultivate a following of people who were excited about particular entrees and I'd have a devoted following.
The goal was to make enough that I could just let my kids eat out or order in for every meal because I don't think there was a single meal that pleased all three of them.
Happily, they all turned into foodies - and eat everything now. But at the time it was tedious.

I also remembered my trip to Ed Debevic's which was a very theatrical restaurant in Chicago where the servers were pretty surly - and barked at the diners in a way that was fun and entertaining for everyone.

So -- this guy has 25 rules at his restaurant. It's his way or the highway.
I was going to take a re-enactment picture of myself with my tools of the trade -- but I have not gone completely nutty.



No comments:

Post a Comment