Thursday, October 22, 2020

From Chuck to Marg



Check out the stamp on this one. 
I do not recall ever seeing that stamp and it is lovely. 
Birds and flowers - some of the best stamps are birds and flowers.
***

That was a short blurb written a while back.
I'm in the midst of bumping posts - that thing I said I would not do.
I'm forever saying I won't do things - and then I do them.
I recall saying this when I taught - and maybe I have already included this in a post - but, I am going to say it again.
When I started my journey in calligraphy, my teacher kept asking me if I wanted to take on jobs - as she had jobs that she wanted to pass along to someone.
I said: No, I will never do free lance calligraphy work.
(Because I had been a freelance graphic designer and I had burned out on dealing with clients.)
And then I did.
When people asked me to teach,
I said: No. I will never teach.
And then I did.

Is there a lesson there? I have no idea.
All I know is that as time rolls along, sometimes we switch things up.
It is currently Aug 29 -- I had about 5 really dismal emails from friends and penpals this week.

******
and now it is Sept 27 - and I deleted what I had written after that last sentence.
Life continues to have ups and downs.
All I know is that my daily posts are scheduled thru Jan 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment