Friday, October 23, 2020

Blogger giving me fits in August - Sam's postcards from March

For some reason, Blogger is behaving very strangely - and if we have not learned anything else in 2020, we have definitely learned that we must accept the difficulties and just work around them. The weirdest thing is that it will not allow any paragraph space. What's with that?

[I came back on Sept 27th and it is fixed]

I just found an email from Sam in a very unexpected place. It warmed my heart to hear what she wrote on March 22. She passed away on April 20 - so it was one of the last emails from her. An exchanger had asked about doing postcards and Sam was wildly excited about doing postcards. So she made some -- and sent me inages. I guess she used them in the April exchange - or maybe not. As always, they are lovely designs. I'm not sure what was going on with me that she talks about life-saving. Perhaps it was a reference to the global pandemic. Not that I was ever fearful -- but when it hit my town, I suppose there was a resignation to the fact that it was truly going to be e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. In her email - PC means postcard. Here are her words:

PC show (& tell) 2 brighten ur day (save ur life??) i could do the herringbone on a lope, & i may as i do have stamps 2 match, but ill use a sticker label 4 the address, which i don't like 2 do but it will confuse the hell outta me 2 make room 4 it w/that design

****end of her message

I really love these images. They are steal worthy and I'm guessing she'd be honored to have us making some faux-Sam designs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment