Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Sad mailman from Janet


Janet knew it was my birthday in April and sent this sad little mailman. His letter says:
Another cancelled birthday party on April 11, 2020.
You can say that again. I was supposed to be in Chicago celebrating with the grandkids. They sent me a care package from Chicago. Two Lou Malnatti's pizzas and a Portillo's hot dog kit.
My guilty pleasures which are usually off limits.

The front of the envelope and the card.
That's a stealworthy idea for the card.


Words on the card:
They come on one of April's most brilliant days...
a day as sparkling as a newly washed lemon...
a day when even the shadows were a melange of blue and orange and jade like the shadows that poured from the tipsy brush of Monet.
from A Thatched Roof by Beverly Nichols


1 comment:

  1. Janet is brilliant! Now that's what I call creative!!

    ReplyDelete