Monday, March 16, 2020

To Sam - Gee's Bend


One last envelope from the BigCopic series. As you may recall, it was Sam who inspired me to get out the BigCopic marker and fill it with ink. I also had these two stamps from her. She mailed them to me, requesting I use them on an exchange envelope to her. Of course, it took forever for me to get inspired and then I sent one - but I put it in an outer envelope and did not add the stamps - because I wanted to make sure she liked my idea before I used the stamps. At the time, I thought to myself, "She will probably tell me that she wants an envelope that went through the mail." And that is exactly what happened. So this one went through the mail.

It is much easier to read than the first one - but I like it a lot better.

I even have some wretched mistakes that I whited out -- and I am fine with that. I like the way the 4 is layered over the beginning of a 3. It's very scrappy-quilty to me.

I took this close up and was going to send it to her as a teaser to let her know that the final was on its way But, then I didn't. I like the composition.


1 comment:

  1. & I just LOVE LOVE LOVE, it. It's in my top 5 ever received. A frame worthy piece of mail art. Thank u, Jean. & i'm glad u didn't send a teaser-- the element of surprise is of great importance 2 me.

    ReplyDelete