Thursday, March 26, 2020

Covid Coping -- Guess My Word

I do not play a lot of games. I do the NYTimes mini-crossword puzzle daily. Once in a while I play mahjong - less than once a month. But that's about it. Recently, I saw something about word game and gave it a try - and I really like it. It took me a while to figure it out, but it has really grown on me. I've only been playing for about 5 days -- so I guess it grew on me very quickly. I'll post a link to the game and also a screenshot so you have an idea of the progression of guessing. My strategy is to always start with an M-word -- and then work backwards or forwards - generally half way in whichever direction I need to go.

https://hryanjones.com/guess-my-word/

If you get the easy word, you can try a harder word. I have always figured out the easy word and today, I did it in under 1 minute. I have only figured out the hard word half the time. When I give up and click on the answer, it is always a word that I actually thought of, but was inept on how to spell it.

If you are in hibernation with another person who likes word games, you can play this game with two people. You each choose a word and then go back and forth - guessing words - and your partner tells you if your guess is before or after the target word.




1 comment: