Monday, March 9, 2020

To Kate and Gina - BigCopic, dry w/ GeeesBend



These are the last two BigCopics and Kate's is my favorite.
Partly because I love the stamps and partly because I enjoyed the whole process of sticking with the BigCopic and seeing where it would take me.

I was hoping that by showing you the process of experimenting it might show how to avoid dithering over how to do your monthly exchanges. As you can see, a lot depends on how the names fit together.
The length of names will have a lot of impact on your decisions. You simply can't cram everyone in to the same layout. It would be like all of us trying to wear the same size shoe.

Gina's is my co-favorite. I love the stamp. I also like the way I broke her McCasland into 2 lines. Doing unexpected things is frequently a solution to fitting and balancing.

Something else to note:
When I started this series, I had all kinds of rough drafts. By the time I got to the end - I was winging them. There is a freshness and spontaneity that happens after you warm up and push through until you get your inspiration.


It would have been fun to do the zip code in red to repeat the red number on the stamp. I have more Gee's Bend stamps, so might remember to do that.



No comments:

Post a Comment