Tuesday, March 3, 2020

BigCopic - first set with added white Finn, Maire, Sam

I do not recall if I already posted the big SAM. Sam is the one who started this whole series by asking for a n envelope using the BigCopic.

I was not thrilled with the way hers turned out, but her request did inspire me to fill the marker with ink and that was like falling off my sobriety wagon (I'm addicted to markers) But, I had put myself on 3 lists for the exchange so I had 15 envelopes to do.

I avoid using the same idea for all the exchange envelopes because I need the variety for the blog. I saw this as an opportunity to share some of the process of figuring out pleasing designs for the envelopes.

Back in January, I posted the envelopes to Marie, Phillip, Mireille and Kathleen. They had only black. They needed some white - and I hesitated to add it because I had already put the stamps on, Then I remembered that white colored pencil is forgiving, so I tried that on a couple and decided it was OK.

Then I got crazy bold and used Giant PITT White marker on Phillip's. I also used some white gel pen. Marie's was supposed to mimic the fine lines on the stamp. It's not entirely successful - but I do love the M and Y that I came up with. The Y on the practice page was better than the one on her envelope. It is very tricky to get short lines with a 1-in marker.





No comments:

Post a Comment