Wednesday, March 18, 2020

From Anthea B&W + Going Postal review

Gorgeous stamps that go beautifully with the collage and lettering.

From Anthea - I think it was the Sept exchange. My stacks of mail piled up in Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec. It is now the middle of Jan and I am racing to get every single piled up envelope photographed. As luck would have it, we have 5-inches of new snow and 50 mph winds are predicted. There is a good chance that I can get a lot done.

Yesterday was brutal, weatherwise. I treated myself to a video through Acorn TV - British films and TV programs. A few people have mentioned to me that I would love Terry Pratchett's book Going Postal. I'm pretty sure that I am better off with the film version. I loved-loved-loved it. I can't imagine anyone not liking it - unless they abhor anything remotely science fiction or fantasy. I honestly can't tell if it falls into one of those categories more than the other.

I loved-loved-loved it -- and hope all y'all can get Acorn TV through your local library. I was rather amazed at the amount of stuff that is available to me through the library. Maybe it is a perk that people in dumpy towns get that people in trendy cool towns don't get.

I suppose the book would be just as wonderful as the film if you like to read sci-fi/fantasy. I'm curious if anyone has read the book? Anyone care to leave a comment?

2 comments:

  1. Breaking News
    Covid-coping blog posts will start later today.
    They will be random -- but hopefully a bit of a distraction.
    Audience participation will be encouraged.
    Jean (NSY)
    (Not Sick Yet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. have not read the book, but will add to my list Our Libraries are closed so no real books available pass and add could be fun also!

    ReplyDelete