Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday Rabbit Hole - off-topic-ish - Aesemic Writing

Remember last Sunday when I posted the work by Madge Gill? The term asemic writing had slipped my mind. I noted that Pinterest had tossed the image onto my screen, thinking it was similar to other stuff I like. And they were correct. I reposted it and then Oh.My.Gosh. when I went back to Pinterest, I scrolled down and OH.MY.GOSH.GOLLY.GEE.WHIZ....
there were about 50 more things that I loved. I've posted other asemic writing. To some, it may look like scribbling, but, IMHO, there is a difference. Scribbling does not always look like wordless writing. And asemic writing does give one the impression of writing.

So, If you, too, are drawn to asemic writing, here is the link to the Pinterest image of Madge Gill's work and you may scroll down to the dozens of examples of other kinds of asemic writing.


I'm curious how many digits there are in a Pinterest image.

624,338,286,835,223,322

What comes after trillion?
I know I could ask Google, but, I would rather ask you.

I'll post just one more. 
I love it because the person (Christopher Skinner) says he got into asemic writing by way of finding something to do during boring meetings.


https://lestaret.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/new-asemic-script-1/amp/

Warning: Seriously dangerous rabbit hole - unless you have a lot of free time.


1 comment: