Friday, August 28, 2026

Liz to Mia - dots on a mural

 


Liz emailed this image of her envelope to Mia in early August to get my opinion on whether to not it was going to have a good chance of making it to Montreal. Because the grandkids were in town, I was not checking my email so by the time I got back to Liz she had already put it in a less decorated envelope and sent it on its way. I let Liz know how much I liked the envelope. Then we had a little back and forth conversation about art and style and the professional level work by some of the people on the exchange.

Liz said that she thought her work was "a long way from technically correct." I instantly thought of about five things to say about that. Starting tomorrow I will start a series of comments and suggestions for people who are not professionals or who have never taken a class. 

Apologies to the people who took classes with me - it will be stuff you've heard. Feel free to leave comments about how my tips and tricks were easy and fun and life enhancing. I suppose that sounds like an overstatement - but I do think that people who are drawn to mark making and mail reap some rewards for the time they spend on their artwork.

The add on today is so good. It's the mural on the side of the building where I purchase my glasses. I'd like to know how much they paid the artist. 

Check out all the dots - then go back and look at how much Liz's dots add to her design.





No comments:

Post a Comment