Thursday, August 6, 2026

July to Patty and Maggie

 


Dividing the space is helpful for me as a starting point. Then I reminded myself to pick up some random detail from the stamp and stop trying so hard to find images to repeat. There was no way I was going to draw those tiny people and be happy with my drawings. I outlined the letters and filled in with colored pencil. It's not spectacular but it's less dud-like than anything I'd done so far. Maybe another name would work - a name where the first and last name are roughly the same length.

It was a good idea until I left the I out of MAGGIE. I didn't take time to look, but I think I've had to do a bunch of layering on Maggie's envelopes to disguise the same mistake on previous envelopes. 


In some ways I like that little lower case (i) standing in the middle of the G. I had to put the I in parentheses because the computer will not allow a lower case I - or if it will, the secret keystroke is staying a secret.


***
Adding on -  a few days later.

I almost forgot that I had taken a photo of Patty's as it was evolving. It spent a little time looking like this. It's always bold (risky) to put a stamp on before I'm assured that it's going to work out. With Patty, I know she'll understand if I make a mess.

Here it is with a bit of drop shadow - but it's in the wrong place - which must have inspired me to try the red and blue stripes.



And then some white - and then the colored pencil. It's fun and loose - so I was inspired to do Maggie's which ended up a little too loose.











No comments:

Post a Comment