Monday, August 24, 2026

From Renee and August to Mary and Judi - fancy plates and spoons





This was from Renee in June or July and I don't think it's been posted. The flowers look like colored pencil. The paper has just enough texture to be perfect with colored pencil. She used just enough white to make the flowers pop as well as enough dark to give depth.

Below are more Rolly Crump envelopes - which you are probably getting tired of - sorry. Mary's is on regular paper and Judi's is on vellum and has texture rather than being filled in. The bold parts should have been bolder.






Here is a shout out to Mia who sent the *lovely* dandelion themed mailing. It's a handpainted de Gournay porcelain plates (starting at $597 for one). I'd like to see a closeup of those flowers around the edge. <pause> I just zoomed in on the image and the little flowers are UH-DOOR-UH-BULL.


I should take a picture of the one fancy item in my house. It's a sterling silver spoon that came from my mother-in-law. I have no idea how I ended up with it but it is a perfect spoon for desserts. My granddaughter likes key lime pie and I bought her some Oui brand yogurt that was key lime flavored. That's the yogurt that comes in a little glass jar. I gave her the special spoon and she enjoyed the experience so I will bequeath the silver spoon to her. 






No comments:

Post a Comment