Sunday, August 9, 2026

July to Samantha - Ai Weiwei

 



I guess there was one more that came after Grace's. Samantha exchanged quite a while ago - and I had pulled out a gray envelope from Rachael from a long time ago to give me an idea for white on gray. It's a lovely font - but I do not have a complete exemplar. All I have are the nine letters in my name. Completing the tree seemed like a good idea - but I'd only give it a B-.

***
Blogger is refusing to let me put the words flush left.
Grrrr

I have no idea if Ai Weiwei is on everyone's radar. He's been around for a while. If you're interested, go ahead and do a search. He's well known for sculpture and claims he has not made a drawing for 50 years. He was inspired by a tree.

It's a wonderful article and drawing. It made me want to go draw a tree.


I also think it's interesting that his first name is Ai -- as in AI.  I'm pretty sure his name is pronounced *eye* but I could be wrong. I think his last name is pronounced *way-way*

OK - I checked - it is *eye way way* but there is a cadence to the way-way part.


You can see the image a lot better at the link.




No comments:

Post a Comment