Ironically, Liz, who has been my inspiration to go wild and crazy ended up with a very orderly envelope. It was fun to find the right number of stamps and arrange them symmetrically. Liz has the short/long situation with her names.
Not all of us a paper people. Some of us are yarn people. Here is an orderly yarn person who has had an impressive career.
I was going through my address book and found the name Helena Hernmarck in Ridgefield, CT. That's where Lynne and Maggie live. I wondered if there had been a third Ridgefield calligrapher. When I Googled her - this is what I found. Maybe Lynne or Maggie can remember another Helena.
I found the image below in the Portfolio section of her website. Knocked my socks off. That is a tapestry - she created the image out of yarn. At least I think she did..... maybe I read too fast. While I like this image - a lot of her work is colorful - so - you might want to surf through if you have time.
No comments:
Post a Comment