This is one of the last envelopes I did using the Rolly font. I did black on white and then white on black. Then I decided to try some color. Forgetting my own solid advice about having a stamp in mind prior to choosing colors, I just pulled out purple. Big mistake. I currently do not have any stamps with purple. There is a tiny bit on this stamp. It would have been so much better if the *LIZ* had been in that light blue. It would have been better to have some much larger stars running off the edge of the envelope. It would have been better to reflect the verticality of the stamp somewhere.
***
I've watched several of these videos and thoroughly enjoyed them. Many are interviews with artists living in lofts in NYC. Most of them (or maybe all of them) are older people. They are unique however there is a common thread through most of the interviews when they share their perspective on how gratifying it has been to live life as an artist. It seems as though one doesn't choose to be an artist - the art chooses the person.
This is the most recent one - 8 minutes. LINK to Ben Schonzeit
LINK to the filmmakers main list with lots more. Some videos are not about artists - there's one about the guy who releases the confetti on Times Square, some tapestry restoration, painting ballet shoes and the last flower factory in America.
I Googled Ben's name to see more of his work since I had not heard of him - some spectacular photorealism of flowers and food as well as some more abstract work.
No comments:
Post a Comment