Two judge stamps and one of those statues one might see in a big city. I guess they are bronze. Does bronze turn green? Copper turns green. So many questions. So little time. It is still Friday the 21st as I write this and I am having a minor panic at how far behind I am on scheduling the posts.
The following was written on Sunday, Aug 16th.
These are the last of the Rolly envelopes - for now - I might have to do some more. I'll try to find something else because we all like variety.
So, it's the end of the August envelopes. I'm writing this as my grandson and daughter pack the car to return to Chicago. After they leave I can find the July envelopes that arrived. I should have posted them first - but I was too busy getting ready for the houseguests. It was a successful trip. My granddaughter needed to fly back to Chicago a couple days early so we tried the *unaccompanied minor* option. She's 12 and was not nervous at all. It went very well and her 10 year old brother says he is up for the two of them flying in to Iowa next year. We started this annual trip thing when they were 2.5 and 4.5. I was 66. Fond memories.
2026
2018
I hired a photographer to take photos of the grandkids on their first summer trip to Iowa without parents. I had it printed on that vinyl that just clings to the wall to avoid paying a fortune for a huge frame. I think it's around 5 feet tall. The kids thought it would be fun to re-enact the photo since I know exactly where that tree is --- but we forgot to do that. I hope I remember to do it next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment