When I started posting my July envelopes I mentioned that I was nearly done with using up my orphan stamps. This is a good example of what happens when some careful planning kills all the spontaneity.
I drew the flames on the candles and if I had something I could have cut and adhered that had super sticky adhesive - that would have looked better because the stamps look like cut paper. I'm not sure I could ever do marker letters and make them as crisp as cut paper. The right kind of outlining can do a lot. Maybe it's the outlining that is off.
Even though it is disappointing - at least I can show that I took the time to redo something that was dreadful. I thought I'd get a better effect if I did all the red strokes, then all the blue strokes, and so on. That's what I tried - but my spacing was way off. So I did a template to give me the order of the strokes and numbered them.
Maybe someday I can go back and look at all the candle letters I did when these stamps first came out.
No comments:
Post a Comment