Monday, July 1, 2024

To Skip from Mia - July exchange sign-up

 


It was tidy (or symmetrical?) when my May envelopes came to the end on June 30th so that I could start July with the Skip series. Skip is my older son. He was hatched in July of 1984 and for his 40th birthday he booked a trip to Peru to do the kind of skiing where you have to climb the mountain in order to ski down. What kind of people do that? Part of me is thinking of devoting the month of July to my top 31 stories about the kind of people who do wildly difficult things. Maybe I will just run my top 10.

When I sent out the lists for the May exchange - right after I clicked [Send] on the first list - I remembered that Skip was turning 40 and I had never put his name on the list so I quickly swapped out his name on the remaining lists so that I would have a stack of birthday mail for him. I put down skiing and mountain biking as his main interests - and exchangers came up with some spectacular ideas. Mia's is very clever with the bicycle chain and wrench.

***

Well, this is a first - a real time link - to Skip's instagram - and you can see what's happening in Peru - 

Link to Skip's instagram

***
Today through July 4th is the window to sign-up. 
If you participated in the June exchange - just shoot me an email that says: SIGN ME UP - 
and you will get your list on July 5th. 
Let me know if it is your [Birthday] month or if you are willing to be on [2 Lists].

This streamlined sign-up is only for people who signed up in June - as I will not dig back through old lists to find your information.

If you are an occasional exchanger - or a new exchanger - or took June off - then send the following info in this format:

Jane Doe
123 Oak Street
Ames, IA 50010
janedoe@aol.com
[Birthday]  [2 Lists]

If you are new to the exchange - here is a LINK to additional details about the exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment