Sunday, June 30, 2024

The end of May, outgoing

 

I watched a short video of someone writing like this on IG and a few days later I thought about it and wondered if I could remember the steps. It's not quite right and I forgot to photograph it after I finished it.

Here's my practice - or maybe the top one was practice and then after I did the envelope I realized that the shadow should have gone on the left, so I did it that way and -yes- that would have been better. Don't worry, there is nothing about this style that makes me want to do more of it so nobody has to worry that some kind of atrocity will show up in the July exchange.




Here are some that have already run where I added something that was an improvement - although the additions are pretty subtle - mostly just filling in the ribbon writing with some color or shading. On Janet's I added the cords to *hang* the piñata lettering. The layout is a little clunky, but, I'm seeing ways to make it a lot more fun - so there will be more piñatas.





This is a little P.S. to the quilt project. I added this to one of the posts - but I assume people don't ever go back and re-read posts. When I mentioned fussy cutting - where you choose specific flowers from a pattern and center them in a hex - this is an example of the quilting gods smiling down on me because when I bought the fabric, I figured that would be more than enough - but when I realized how many different flowers there were and wanted to find matching ones - it turned into a very challenging puzzle and thankfully there were exactly 6 of each of the two flowers x times 2 quilts = total 24 flowers -- I saved this piece to illustrate how wasteful fussy cutting is. It's hard to decide how compulsive to be about quilting. My *save-every-scrap* nature tends to be the stronger compulsion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment