Saturday, June 29, 2024

May to Sharen - everything - part 2

NOTICE: On a web page version of the blog - in the right hand column is an exciting new option to have the daily blog post show up in your email each day. Blogger used to have that option but they took it down. Alert reader Mia sent me the info about Follow.it a while back and I finally got around to installing it - with the help of the BigHelpfulBrother who only went grrrrr twice and then we got it done - in 5 minutes. Yay. You will not see it on your phone unless you click on [View web version]


 Aaaarrgggh. Why did I put all the flowers at the top of the SH? Did I make an O and then turn it into an E? Yes, I did. 

***
Part 2 - of the list of everything I have ever done - 
The main thing I do is lose things. I have lost the list.
I'll just re-do the list of *needle-arts* off the top of my head - 

sewing
knitting
crochet
counted cross stitch
needle point
embroidery
felting
a bit of quilting

I wonder if I am forgetting anything -- I think I braided a rug one time - I wonder what happened to it - 

The other thing I thought about if we want to reflect on things we have done 
is cooking -- I really enjoyed trying to make things at home and the two craziest things I ever tried were bagels and croissants. Not because they are especially hard to make - but both times, I had never had one and was trying to make them to see what they tasted like - the people who tried mine and who had experienced the real thing told me that mine were not quite like the actual ones but they were still tasty. If you know how to make yeast dough, it's pretty hard to make something that doesn't taste yummy - even if it does not match the authentic item. 

There have been additions to the careers list - and the topic will come up again in July or August - I really enjoy hearing from pen pals - we are quite the conglomeration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment