Thursday, July 11, 2024

May to Jean from Cathy - USPS mail truck


This is a style I need to spend some time on. I tried it on my June envelopes and they were too loose. I'm liking the way my first and last name stack. Eliminating just one letter - so it is a 4-5 combo - instead of 4-6 is very pleasing. I wonder if the exchangers would be interested in an exchange where we all used our middle names. Cathy is very good at finding the right proportions. The colors tie in perfectly with the stamp. Somehow there wasn't anything about that stamp that was inspiring me to buy it - but now I am tempted. 

Chuck sent me this photo - always fun to see old postal vehicles. I'm still longing for an LLV to share with my postal son. Note to self: pester him about finding one.


This is an LLV, in case you didn't know that they had a name.
It stands for Long Life Vehicle - such a clever name. I so wish we could see the list of possibilities that were tossed out.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment