Thursday, July 25, 2024

Camp mail (could use more)


I started flipping though old posts on the blog for ideas and this was fun to do again. I wonder if she will even realize that the scribbles are the letters in her name.


This style came from an envelope from Janet. I know I've seen it somewhere - maybe Pinterest - my version is pretty rough. 

***

What does (could use more) in the title - mean?

That note to self yesterday and today - was supposed to alert me to add on something interesting - and I've been forgetting to do a final edit on the blog posts. 

Sadly - I have turned into Leiningen vs the Weeds. That is my version of Leiningen vs the Ants - a story from when I was a kid. I need to revisit it to see why it has stuck with me all these years. I do not recall anything specific - except a guy and a hoard of ants. Apparently my brain was imprinted with information about doing battle with things.... and some battles are futile. Although I have no idea if he lost his battle.

At what point do you figure out that you can't win.

But, do we stop. No - we keep going. 

Current battle - a patch of those nasty day lilies that are technically an invasive weed. Then Virginia Creeper AND Creeping Charlie invaded from the neighbors - and I am not sure what direction this battle is going to go. Part of me is thinking about black plastic and bricks. I'm pretty sure that plastic wins.

To be continued.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment