Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Ship+ Copic to Mireille, Kathleen, Marie

Phillip's was posted last week before I mailed them,  These should have arrived by now. They were from the group where I was using the BigCopic at Sam's request.

They are really different from the super chunky style that Sam likes.
I'm not sure they have anything special going on. The stamps are the best part of the envelope. So pretty.

The black and white needed to be integrated. Drop shadows seemed too obvious.

I like the texture on Kathleen's. I liked the Y that I came up with on the rough draft for Marie - and then the marker did not cooperate when I did the envelope. It annoys me when people blame the tool. The Y inspired the M - which I rather like. As usual, if I spent a few weeks just exploring this style, I would probably find all kinds of fun things that I really liked.

****

Two days later. I ended up adding some white to these the next day. Then, on the following day, I did some more envelopes that ended up being my favorites. I'll post everything in March. I was tempted to bump the posts that I have lined up, but the disciplinarian that lives in my head won't let me. I'm reading a book about how we do not have one voice in our head, we have several. It's like the way we keep learning that the previously recommended foods are bad for us and the *bad* foods are now good for us. Multiple personalities used to be mental illness and now it's the norm. Whew. Good to know. Reminder: do not take any information from this blog and assume that it is accurate. Unless you want it to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment