Saturday, January 11, 2020

Bonus Post - Peter Thornton's Italics

Bonus post - regular post is right below.

As I continue the endless job of organizing and sifting through all my exemplars, I am going to scan and post the ones that are copyright-free.

I met Peter Thornton more than 20 years ago and some of his exemplars have a little Y in a circle. It is like the c in the circle, except Y means "Yes, it is OK to copy this and pass it on." Peter recognized the need to circulate some italics with finesse because there are so many clunky italic exemplars out there. This is a copy of a copy. Someday I will run across the original and rescan and repost.

In the meantime, if you are working on your italics - this exemplar shows how beautifully versatile italics are.

No comments:

Post a Comment