Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Leslie - Love stamp to Lisa (Giant Copic for Sam)

A name with an initial L is perfect with this stamp. Leslie did a good job of choosing colors that did not get muddy. Colored envelopes can be challenging. The muted tones on the stamp are forgiving.

There is a solution to muddy colors on colored envelopes. Gouache. But mixing up a full pallet of colors would be so much work. Not that I would not want to do it -- I really want to do. The sad reality is that most of us do not have time to putter all day.



****
Sam wondered why she had not seen her name in giant Copic lettering.
Here is why.

S and M are two of the hardest letters to do with such a bold line.

The marker was completely dry so I had to fill it. It will take a while for it to return to that semi-dry state with the cool concentric circles.



After I looked at the Salierno - I realized that I actually could do a decent S and M.





1 comment:

  1. "After I looked at the Salierno - I realized that I actually could do a decent S and M."...indeed-- i think u nailed it on that last pic & this means 1 will eventually land in my mailbox, hooray!

    ReplyDelete