Saturday, January 4, 2020

Inspired by Smash (Confirm that it is Smash's)

The inspiration for these came from Smash on Pinterest. As mentioned previously, I do love to surf around on Pinterest. I find new things and it is also a trip down memory lane. It is especially fun to find mail that was probably part of the exchange but it did not cross my desk.

I've lost the link, but I am pretty sure the inspiration envelope was done by Smash and sent to Rehj. Maybe one of them will contact me to confirm or clarify.  Found it.

Anyhow, I had fun doing these designs. As mentioned back in September, even thought I love the stamps - I did not feel that my ideas were anything other than average.

As you can see, at first I tried all the elements that Smash had done. Later, I left out some of the tendrils. I regret forgetting the tendrils - they add a lot.
Meh. Although I had so much fun doing my versions of Smash's envelope.
I should have made more square or rectangular details.
Arf.  A perfect example of how I was not very inspired by the Kelly stamps.
Arf. Arf. There was a better envelope inside this one. I had been trying to figure out some neon lettering for some party invitations.
Looks like Smash's penmanship to me. Do you remember it, Smash?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the last image is of my envelope which was inspired by the work of Miro.

    This weekend we are celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary and both Jan’s and my 80th birthdays. The entire inner-circle of the Mashman clan is gathered here in Charleston for a celebratory dinner tonight. I will certainly show off today’s blog post.
    This group of 20 has the largest collection of my envelopes so the timing of your post was perfect for tonight’s celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations. How wonderful to have everyone together.
      You can see ALL the envelopes to you and from you by putting your name in the search bar.
      Of course you have to search for all your names - Sue, Smash, Susan, Smashgirl

      Delete