Tuesday, September 8, 2020

To Leslie from a penpal



Leslie says  this is from a new IG penpal. 
I'm not sure how one establishes new penpals on IG - maybe you just leave a message or maybe there are direct messages. I've heard people talk about DMing. I have not had time to figure out social media - except for the way the blog works.

This is a lovely design - stealworthy :-)
which is the main activity on IG that keeps me from learning how it actually works.

I am adding this postcard that Leslie sent to me.
I am 99% sure that it has already been posted, but it is in this folder - 
so I will add it - just in case my memory is out to lunch.

The postcard is collaged with some fairly thick items.
They were adhered very well and it went through the PO machines just fine.


Shout out to Valerie in CA - you left a comment - that was hiding - and I just OKed it - but thought I would reprint it here - because there might be other readers who are enjoying all the Black Plague info. Plus, I love hearing from people who enjoy the blog. It keeps me going. 
I've got the book on order from the Library. Thanks for the recommendation.

Jean, thank you for inspiring me with the content you post on your blog. I love the random stuff too. If you're a reader of historical fiction, I can recommend a book I loved set in Europe during the Black Plague in 1666. That plague was a BEAST, coming and going several times. The book is called YEAR OF WONDERS by Geraldine Brooks. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Valerie in California 


1 comment:

  1. I, too, enjoyed "Year of Wonders" which I read in 2008. Little did I think at that time that I would ever experience a pandemic. Then last month I read another plague book. This one was "Hamnet" (not a misspelling, BTW) by Maggie O'Farrell. I highly recommend both of these.

    ReplyDelete