Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Sept Exchange Sign-up (Kate to Lynne )




I'm sure jealous that KateR still has some of the Oscar de la Renta stamps. Kate has just started working with her folded pen and she's doing really well. Because of the pandemic, she's not able to take any classes or workshops. I pointed her to some YouTube tutorials. I think you can see how beginner friendly the folded pen is -- as long as you have had some other lettering lessons. The way first and last names touch in two places is very nice.




Sign-up for the September exchange is Sept 1 through Sept 4.
I will send lists on the 5th (or 6th)

To participate, send the following info in the exact line-for-line format.
(CARDS) means you wish to exchange handmade cards rather than an empty envelope.
(birthday) means you are celebrating your birthday in Sept -- birthday themed envelopes are optional.
(2 lists) means you are willing to be on two lists if I need to make the lists come out even.

Jane Smith (CARDS)
1234 Oak Street
Ames, Iowa 50110
jane-smith@gmail.com
(birthday) (2 lists)


The exact line for line format is very helpful because I have a terrible time transcribing information. It is a hideous affliction to be unable to read emails and compile the info into a list, but, after a few years of trying, I just need to accept my shortcomings and ask you to follow the format.

Thank you sooooooo much.
And I am happy to report that in August - I only had 3 easy edits to make - so all y'all are doing really well. THANK YOU!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jean, Because I was getting a lot of questions (and requests, etc.) on IG, I actually started a Folded Pen blog: https://foldedpenfan.blogspot.com/p/types-of-folded-pens.html

    I also made a public Pinterest board and have been trying to do demos (although I'm still learning how to do video!) Here is the Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/opretty1/folded-pens/

    This is just to help out others who have questions. I've said before that I love my folded pens and I love to share info about them (as well as keep learning!) Kate's lettering above looks good!

    ReplyDelete