Wednesday, September 2, 2020

From my Parisian penpal Cathy

 Huge shout out to Cathy in Paris. I know I have a previous envelope from Cathy in Paris - which is in my stack of mail that I keep thinking I will get to -- I'm pretty sure it arrived in October of 2019. And there is mail in that stack that is older than that. So -- maybe this will nudge me into having a catch up day where I make myself do all of them. It could happen. 

Cathy knew I would love all of the stamps relating to La plume. I have not gotten around to translating everything on the stamps, but I will. Unless she wants to drop me an email. I also loved her stationery inside the envelopes. I photographed the back too, so you could see the laser cutting.

The letter was on three pages - one in each envelope. The second envelope came first so I was a little confused. A couple days later the other two arrived - and then it made more sense. 

Thanks so much Cathy -- your calligraphy is lovely.


and at the bottom -- something I did in high school popped up during my Swedish death cleaning. It was my wretched attempt at calligraphy when I had no idea where to even begin. It was the cover for my high school's literary magazine. Fifty+ years ago. I think I found the original in some boxes of ephemera and tossed it. I am not going to burden my kids with stuff that has been following me around for decades.

I read an interesting book with 150 stories about one special item that a person has kept. It was a fun read. Not a book I would buy - but worth checking out from the library, if you like short blurbs. 

What We Keep

The book has helped me to toss anything that doesn't have a good story. Also, I am remembering to take pictures - in case a good story comes back to me. 








No comments:

Post a Comment