Friday, September 18, 2020

From me to A&B - Oct - USPS Stamp article link

I have a feeling this already ran - but I like it well enough to re-run it. Or maybe I should add a second one. Or did I run all my halloween envelopes in 2019?

I do know that I have too many done with the wide 1-inch Copic marker. Is there anyone other than me who uses them? It's pointless to keep giving ideas for how to use them if nobody has them.

I think Rachael told me that she did not receive this one. That means that I must have posted them last year. But how could I have done that?

Aarrgghh.

I like that little cake.
I like the lettering - but I can't imagine it is inspiration for anyone.


GRRRR.
I can't remember if I already posted this.
It's a wonderful article about the designing of USPS stamps.
Submitted by the ineffable Jackie.
(The only reason I know that word is because Jackie used it on an envelope addressed to me)


and don't miss all the links to more articles within this article

2 comments:

  1. I think Rachael's env. is FUN! I think it would have been fun also (and you may poo-poo this esp. now) if the stamp had been placed in the square O. This is a "steal-worthy" one for me! Is this your own lettering creation or from a font?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - the stamp in the square O would have been fun. Or, if I had done some layouts, it would have fit nicely inside a larger E in Rachael - and a narrow L.
      While there are quite a few fonts that show how to make letters based on grids, this was just done off the cuff when I was in an experimental mood. I use Post-It tape to block off areas when I need a stroke that is shorter than the nib on the marker.

      Delete