Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Gold with black and white floral - to Marja & Paul

I have quite a stack of these gold envelopes and need to find a technique that I just love. I'm not in love with this one, but it certainly has possibilities.

The flowers were inspired by something I saw while surfing. The lettering is my own sloppy penmanship. At first glance it might not seem sloppy -- but if you look closely, it is. The x-heights are way too inconsistent
and it goes up hill
and the bowl of the P is wimpy
and I could go on
but by now, I am sure you are retching
and that is not a good way to start the day.
Or end the day - or middle the day.

Even the flowers are poorly placed.
The two lower ones are too close in height.
The left one needs to be a bit higher.

****

REMINDER:
tomorrow
first of two part series on PBS
9 pm EST
Story of the Alphabet and Writing
The First Alphabet

****
If you read the blog early yesterday -- I had SMash as the artist on the top envelope. Still waiting to hear from KateR - to confirm that it was from her.

2 comments: