Friday, July 24, 2020

Happy Anniversary to the BHB's Beard





Leslie kindly sent this to BigHelpfulBrother when he was observing the 26,000th day that he has been alive. Today is another big day for the BHB.
Today is the day that he celebrates the anniversary of his current beard. He retired from shaving on July 24th, but I forgot the year. I am going to guess 1977 - but I could be off by a year or two. I wonder if he is surprised that I remembered? We have a running joke about how overly organized he is and how under-ly organized I am. He will leave a comment -with the correct year, if I am wrong.
July 24th was the day he was discharged from the Air Force. 
I don't think any of them exist any more, but, I think I sent some slightly decorated envelopes to him when he was at the Air Force Academy. I know there were also some hand made cards. We have both been doing our Swedish Death Cleaning and I only have one huge regret about getting rid of stuff.
I wish I had taken pictures of the stuff I tossed and put them in a folder titled:
Stuff that is gone for good.
It is so frustrating to recall seeing something recently and having no idea whether it's been tossed.

3 comments:

  1. BHB here --
    1977 is correct - and yes, I'm surprised you remember the date.
    And you are also correct that I have no memorabilia from before January 1980 except what was kept by you and our mother; all mine were lost when the building they were in burned to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of pen did you use to write "donald" on the envelope? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was written with a folded pen - or sometimes called ruling writer.
      You can Google folded pen tutorial and find several YouTube videos that show how they work. And you can even make your own. John Neal sells them, too.

      Delete