Thursday, July 16, 2020

From JackieM to Ellen


JackieM

*****

Oh, this is exciting.
JackieM was a one-timer - in March.
And then she just popped up again for the July exchange.
I think she said something in her email about trying to sign up, and just remembered on the 4th of the month to sign up. Maybe the first-timers forget to sign up again. It can be hard to remember to sign up even though there are 4 days for sign up.

This is fun. It might be a resist.

Still Tuesday.
Camp stories are flooding back to my little brain.
My very earliest memory in my life is being at a camp.
My parents were campers.
I was not,
My goal in life was to grow up and never camp again.
When I hit college in the early 70s, camping was all the rage.
YUK
I did not join in.
Now, my granddaughter, Alex, really wants to go camping.
I've Googled *glamping*
There are a few I might consider.
Her dad and I are on the same page about camping.
He is not interested.
Although they do go *to the lake* which is a lot like camping - only it is in a cottage.
I guess I do recall a bit of the fun of being in a tent and hearing nature and feeling the air.

And then there was that time in a tent when one of the other girls discovered that a mama mouse had gone into her sleeping bag and hatched babies.
Screaming ensued.
That was the last time I ever slept in a tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment