Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Exploding head and Leslie's Bicycles








Little by little Blogger has redesigned how the blog works.
It is b-e-e-e-yond challenging to learn how it works - hence the reference in the title to my head exploding 
But, I am not complaining. 
This is good exercise for my little old brain.
Leslie was so sweet to send me some mail in early May. 
It was not even exchange mail. Just happy mail. 
We also emailed about the local stamp store - and depending on the pandemic situation, 
we might have a meet up at the shop.
I am writing this on May 6th. 
When July rolls around and we are reflecting on May, what will we be thinking?

Leslie made the envelope out of wrapping paper.
It is cool that she had a black marker that is the same width as the bicycle wheel.

***

It is Sunday - July 26th.
Things are not looking good in Iowa.
I am going to stay hunkered down for a while longer.
It took months before anyone I knew tested positive.
There was Viola, who caught it in a nursing home and has since recovered.
Recently, some complacent people I know have tested positive.
Church goers and customers at bars.
It seems like people are thinking, 
"Well, I don't know anyone who's tested positive 
so maybe it's not all that dangerous out there.

Or -- maybe it is.













No comments:

Post a Comment